If you’re a Daytona 500 fan, it’s a good time to make arrangements for tailgating. Thankfully, the Daytona Speedway has a long list of on-site campgrounds where you can park your RV and still enjoy all the events taking place right during a race. The Daytona 500 has a tailgating atmosphere like no other. Every year, fans from all over the country descend upon the area to enjoy an exciting weekend of incredible activities.
The Rolex 24 at Daytona
The Rolex 24 is held every year in January. This three-day testing event showcases top drivers racing around the track before the big event. Get to see the spectacular IMSA Weathertech SportsCar even get a chance to talk to your favorite drivers. If you are already a ticketholder, admission is free. Fans can also enjoy other activities like live music, track walks, and garage tours. The city of Daytona has many family-friendly activities like music festivals, art museums, biking, beach getaways, and mural viewing.
Camping at the Daytona Speedway
Remember, campgrounds fill up quickly. If you don’t want to miss out on the action, get your reservation as soon as possible. There are many packages available to accommodate RVs. Keep in mind, you can always rent an RV. Please be aware of camping and tailgating guidelines. Not all camping areas offer the same amenities. Most campgrounds do offer free Wi-Fi. Just click on the following links to get information on the Daytona on-site campgrounds with spots still available.
- GEICO Camping Areas – 1-800-PITSTOP
- GEICO Red RV Campsite – This is a good spot if you have an RV that is self-contained. This site has no hookups. One car pass is issued aside from the RV.
- Busch Clash At Daytona – This a first come, first served spot for RVs and trailers. No hookups are available.
- GEICO Horseshoe RV Campsite – Only self-contained RVs and travel trailers are allowed. Only one car pass is issued and no hookups are available. The site link will outline specific guidelines.
- GEICO Orange Tent Campsite – This site allows cars, trucks, tents, and small trailers. The link will outline the site sizes and limitations.
- Busch Clash AT Daytona – This site allows car, trucks, canopy tents, and small trailers. Entrance is general admission. There are no hookups available.
- GEICO Park West – This is the best site for RVs, motorcoaches, travel trailers, and smaller units. On car pass is issued per RV. No water or electric hookups are available. Tents are not permitted at this site.
There is nothing more exciting than having your RV right in the middle of Daytona 500 action. The family-friendly campsites are accommodating and there are packages for everyone. RV spaces are going fast so call and reserve your free pass today. There are many exciting activities going on during the Daytona Weekend. Families can enjoy a wide range of exciting events both onsite and in the surrounding Daytona area. Click on the links above to find out more information.
If you need to rent an RV for the big event, make sure to lock in your reservation with Suncoast RV Rental as soon as possible. Spots are going fast!